Call:09246 88 1920
Hyderabad Sightseeing. Hyderabad forever eptiomises one of the most happening cities in India. Hyderabad is the fifth largest metropolis of India, and is the state capital of Andhra Pradesh, India. Hyderabad is know for its rich history and culture with monuments, mosques, temples, a rich and varied heritage in arts, crafts and dance.
Hyderabad and secunderabad are twin cities, separated by Hussain Sagar, lake constructed during the time of Ibrahim Quli Qutb Shal Wali in 1562 A.D. The City is over 400 years old and is noted for its natural beauty, mosques and minarets, bazaars and bridges, rock formations and lakes.
It is perched on the top of the Deccan Plateau, 1776ft above sea level, and sprawls over an are of 100 sq. miles. A multitude of influences have shaped the character of the city. Its palaces and building, houses and tenements, gardens and streets have a history and a architectural individuality of their own, which makes Hyderabad a city of enchantment.
[div class="approved" class2="typo-icon"]
Hyderabad Area: 260 sq.km | Hyderabad Population: 3.69 million | Hyderabad Altitude: 536 m
The pleasure of Hyderabad sightseeing
Hyderabad is truly a tourists’ delight. Tourists from all the parts of the world have Hyderabad in their wish list. The architectural beauty of the city is the main attraction that invites tourists from all corners of the world to this part of South India. Hyderabad, popularly known as the city of Nizams, has its rich heritage which is inviting.
Some of the popular sightseeing places in hyderabad worth a visit in the city are:
- Charminar *Hyderabad Sightseeing: Popularly knows as the heart of the city, Charminar is situated at the centre of the city, literally. It is said that Hyderabad was developed keeping Charminar as the central point. This magnificent building was built by Mohammand Quli Qutub Shah in 1591. The monument was built to memorialize the eradication of plague from the city.
- Hussain Sagar Lake *Hyderabad Sightseeing: If you are fond of being close to the nature, Hussain Sagar Lake is definitely a must-visit place for you. This lake was constructed by Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah and it serves as the link between the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It is also known by the name ‘Tank bund’.
- Falaknuma Palace: Falaknuma Palace was bukit by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra Bahadur at a 650m high hill. It is also called the mirror of the sky.
- Mecca Masjid *Hyderabad Sightseeing: Mecca Masjid is said to be one of the oldest and largest mosques in India where almost 10,000 people can worship at the same time. Mecca Masjid has employed over 800 masons in a period of 77 years. This fascinating piece of architecture is situated just 100 meters away from Charminar. Not only do Muslims, but followers of other religions visit this place because of its architectural beauty.
- Golcunda Fort *Hyderabad Sightseeing: Golcunda Fort is a majestic architectural beauty situated on the outskirts of the city. It was built in early 13th century.
- Nehru Zoological Park strong>*Hyderabad Sightseeing: Nehru Zoological Park is one of the biggest zoos in Asia. It is spread over the area of 300 acres of land. One can find more than 250 species of Fauna. More than 1500 species of reptiles, birds and animals can be found in this zoological park.
- Ramoji Film City *Hyderabad Sightseeing: A glimpse of Ramoji Film City can be seen in many of the Bollywood and South Indian films. It is one of the world’s largest film studio complexes. It has many artificial and natural attractions that impress the cinema people from all over the world.
If you are looking for an enriching experience in Hyderabad with all these and many more places, contact Spice Tours and Travels. Spice Tours and Travels is the largest travel agency with extensive knowledge of the city. If you are with Spice Tours and Travels, you are just in the right hands. Our knowledge of the city and expertise in hospitality business are our main advantages, which can prove to be a great help for people touring in the city. We not only help with sight seeing in Hyderabad, but also the hotel bookings, ticket bookings, car rentals and everything else that can make your trip to the city a memorable experience.
Cab: You can book a cab from Spice Cabs to any place.
Air: The Hyderabad airport provides connectivity to all major destinations in India and abroad. International airlines like Lufthansa, Silk Air, Singapore, Malaysian, Emirates, Sri Lankan, KLM Airways connect the city to Chicago, New York, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Moscow, Singapore, Bangkok, Colombo, Kaulala Lumpur, Kuwait, Dubai, sharjah etc. Domestic airlines like Indian, Air Sahara, Jet Airways, Air Deccan, Kingfisher, Go Air, Indigo, Paramount Airways and Spicejet operate daily domestic flights from Hyderabad to all major metros and important cities.
Rail: Hyderabad has three railway stations, Hyderabad (nampally), Kacheguda and Secunderabad, with trains running round the clock to Mumbai, Chennai, Kolota, Bangalore, Delhi and all other Indian cities. Hyderabad has a light rail transportation systems know as the Multi-modal Transport System (MMTS). The MMTS connects various parts of the city with Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Lingampally and Faluknama. Secunderabad is considered as one of the important railway stations. The South Central Railway headquarters is located at Secunderabad.
Road: Hyderabad is well connected to many other locations in India, such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Guntur, Nagpur, Warangal, Pune and Vijayawada, either directly or through intermediary locations. The highway (express way) network linking Hyderabad to various parts of the country is very good. The city has also one of the best laid out internal road systems. Comfortable air-conditioned cabs are also available just a phone call away.